Do you shop for Halloween? These are some Halloween photo prints I listed:
These minimalist cards are perfect for wishing someone a happy Halloween. You can find them in my Etsy shop. I also have these photo prints:
This Cobwebs photo was taken when we had Halloween decorations up.
This photo was taken of light coming in from the window. I think the dark moody feeling of this photo is perfect for Halloween.
Find everything in my Etsy shop.
I listed a bunch of new photo prints in my Etsy shop. I have a variety of items in my shop, but I am focusing on prints for now.
Some of the photos are new. A bunch of the photos are old photos that have been edited. I played around with different techniques for editing and some photo prints have different variations.
This is a series of photos called “Leaves” where I played around with color. I had the original photo of leaves and changed the color to make it more abstract.
I offer photo prints in many sizes and you can choose to buy luster, matte or glossy. I also offer the photos on greeting cards and custom items.
Want to design the perfect blog? The design of your blog is important because it draws viewers in. Here are a couple of my favorite blog design tips:
- Think of a theme for your layout. Do you want it to have a artsy and colorful look to match your brand (good to use for Etsy owners or artists)? Do you want it to look more simple and minimalist (great if you want more focus on the content)? Think of a few words to describe the look you are going for and even make a mood board or inspiration board. Choose a few layouts you really like from other blogs and make a note about what you like about each of them.
- Make sure you use a font and font size that is easy to read in your blog entries. Good fonts to use are Tahoma and Verdana. On graphics, you can use more unique fonts. Stick to a few basic fonts to use throughout your blog layout.
- Choose a couple main colors for your layout. I like checking out Design Seeds for color palettes which will give you ideas of color combinations to use. Do not use bright colors against white that are hard to read.
- What rules will you have for your blog? Will you blog 3x a week? Do you have different collaborators? Consider these rules when creating a layout because you want the design to work with your blog. If you have different writers, you might have a plugin that shows who the author is for each entry.
- Have personalized graphics in your blog posts with the title of your post that fit the style of your blog. These are perfect for sharing on social media. Canva is a good tool to use to create blog or social media graphics that are the right size.
- A sidebar is important to have in your blog and you should consider its features when designing a layout. How will you draw viewers in? Have an avatar or image yourself to personalize your blog. I also like to include a “read more” link or clickable image that takes viewers to my about page. Include social media icons if you use social media pages. Also, include other links on your blog such as a link to your website or Etsy shop, but try not to overfill your sidebar with widgets. I like to have a newsletter or subscribe opt in also so readers can stay connected.
- Have share or Pinterest button or click to tweets
- Check how your layout looks on different browsers. I like using Browserling. Also, check on your phone or tablet to make sure your blog is responsive.
- Fill in a style guide to keep track of your info. Write down the basic fonts, colors and rules you’ll use.
Download my eBook, Your Thread of Thought. You will learn how to find a platform to blog, what to blog about, how to create a layout, how to promote your blog and more! You will also get s free workbook with worksheets to help you blog.
I love looking at photos of autumn. These photos remind me of the feeling, scents and imagery of autumn.
What makes you think of autumn?
My new collection in Move the Needke is all about birthday balloons. I was inspired by an image I saw of watercolor like balloons and decided to make my own pattern of balloons in various color.
This birthday card is perfect to wish someone a happy birthday.
You can also get custom invitations on this pattern.
How do you celebrate your birthday?
Vegans avoid all animal products when possible. Part of being a vegan is avoiding non vegan brands in other products besides food. It can be easy to shop vegan. Though it may not be possible to use vegan products 100% of the time, people who are vegan may come up with personal items they avoid (e.g. they avoid leather, but still buy beauty products with beeswax). Here are some vegan alternatives to products other than food.
- Did you know glue sometimes isn’t vegan? EcoGlue is a completely vegan glue you can use for daily use or any of your craft projects. Animal glue is traditionally used in paper and wood processing, bookbinding, painting, conservation/restoration and for making musical instruments and furniture. Making your own items or buying handmade or vegan brands is one way to make sure the glue used is vegan.
- Do you use beeswax? Beeswax is used in bookbinding and some beauty products. I found a vegan beeswax called
- Poppy’s Cleaners
- Faux leather, sometimes caused pleather, is not too hard to find. Did you know that products that qualify as vegan or faux leather can be made from materials as varied as cork, barkcloth, glazed cotton, waxed cotton, paper, polyvinyl chloride (PVC), and polyurethane.
- Photos, both printed commercially and at-home, use paper that contains gelatin. Non-photo quality paper avoids gelatin.
- Bone fine china tableware can contain animal bones. Earthenware or porcelain that’s creamy white is usually vegan. Find china that’s origin is mineral.
- Many makeup brands are vegan if you check the labels. Urban Decay came out with a Vegan Palette that’s both vegan and uses vegan inspired colors. I have seen seen popular brands, like Bobbi Brown, carry vegan products. Looking for natural brands or handmade beauty products is always a good idea.
- Lush often has vegan bath products that use natural ingredients. I also love being soap on Etsy. Just search for “vegan” in the search bar and tag your items vegan if you carry vegan products in your shop.
- Vegan clothing is not hard to find. High end brands often carry vegan products. For example, Nine West carries some high end vegan products.
- Kat Mendenhall sells the first 100% vegan true Texas style cowboy boots on the market.
- Love shoes? Just type in the word vegan when searching for products on Zappos. vegan http://www.zappos.com/ Kat Mendenhall sells the first 100% vegan true Texas style cowboy boots on the market.
Want to find more vegan brands. Get my free printable with a list of vegan brands.
Want a free printable quote? Just scroll to the bottom of this blog post!
I am now offering prints and wall art in my shop, Anna Leehey. The photos are mostly originally art, but I am also offering quote prints and cards.
I also relaunched my printables shop, Printables and Things, which will be selling digital printable PDF versions of the physical prints.
I like these printable quotes because you can print them out from home and use them in your binder, on your desk or even frame it as wall art. The possibilities are endless. If you want to see a blog post with ideas on how to use these quote prints, just let me know.
You can download a free printable quote here.
This quote says, “she created a life she knew she loved.” I love this quote because it shows how you can create any life you want. I have this quote on my Erin Condren and thought it was a good quote to giveaway for free.
Leave me a comment and let me know how you use prints.
If you are feeling sick or out of touch with your body, cleansing your body can be a good way to get rid of bad toxins and feel better again.
- Dry skin brush before you take a bath or shower. I also like dry brushing my face, but use a brush made especially for your face so it has softer bristles.
- Take a warm salt water bath or steam in the shower.
- Deep breathing can help calm you down. Do yoga. Try just doing 20 minutes of yoga a day or picking up a yoga DVD or video series.
- Drink water. Try adding a couple extra glasses a day.
- Try eating healthier. Go on a cleanse or add a couple healthy foods in to your diet. Check out these 30 cleansing foods that naturally cleanse your body.
- Use a neti pot to naturally cleanse your sinuses.
- Try the hydro therapeutic technique of taking a shower with hot water and then switching to cold. Afyerwards, get under covers.
- Go for a run or walk. Try exercising at least 20 minutes a day or move your body in some way.
- Get a massage or do a self massage with your favorite oils.
- Try drinking hot tea with herbs in it or taking an herbal soak bath.
What do you do to cleanse yourself? Let me know in the comments.
Have you heard of Etsy Studio? Etsy Studio is Etsy’s marketplace for craft supplies. If you sell supplies on Etsy, Etsy will automatically list your supply items on Etsy Studio.
Finding a Niche
There a ton of options for items to sell. If you already own an Etsy shop, think of what supplies you use or what products you think you could add to your shop. Here are a couple ideas:
- Paper supplies
- Beauty and soapmaking supplies
- Packaging materials
- Cooking supplies
- String, cord and wire
- Yarn and fiber
- Paints and dyes
- Washi tape
- Craft show displays
- Patterns and how tos
- Custom business supplies like business cards
If you have an idea on where to source supplies, you just need to find the right products to sell. You can’t just buy products from a store and sell them on Etsy. You will need to look at stores that specifically sell products wholesale (bulk products at a discount price) or offer drop shipping when you purchase an item (they can ship an item to customer under your business name). You can also use vintage items you find. Some good places to start looking are eBay and SaleHoo.
Many wholesale and drop shipping already offer photos of their items for you to use in your shop. This is a good way to start off. I recommend taking your own photos if you can to develop a consistent style in your images. You can also add your own interesting backdrops and details.
Promote Your Shop
There are many ways to promote your shop on Etsy. Make sure to have all your tags filled in and use good SEO. Post on the Etsy teams and forums to promote your items and get views on your listing. Make a tutorial out your supplies and post it on your blog. Customers love to see your product in action!
I have tried selling a couple supplies in the past. I would love to offer more supplies on my Etsy shop.
Do you sell supplies?
Have you ever tried making vegan cheese sauces? I missed cheese when I became vegan and I am always looking for a good cheese alternative. These are three of my favorite cheese alternative recipes.
Basic Cheesy Nutritional Yeast Sauce
The secret ingredient to this cheese sauce is the nutritional yeast which gives the sauce a cheesy flavor. You can find nutritional yeast at most grocery stores or health food stores.
- 2 tablespoons Earth Balance or butter alternative
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 3/4 cup soymilk
- 2 teaspoons mustard (I have also used mustard powder)
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix the flour and milk together in a medium bowl until all the flour clumps are gone.
2. In a large pot, melt the butter spread over medium heat. Add soymilk and flour mixture and nutritional yeast to pot and stir.
3. Reduce heat to low-medium. Add additional ingredients and cook 5-10 minutes or until the sauce thickens. Add additional flour to thicken sauce if needed.
Potato Carrot Cheese Sauce
This is similar to the above recipe, but it uses vegetables.
- 2 cups potatoes, peeled
- 1 cup carrots, peeled
- 1/3 cup melted Earth Balance or oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon jioce
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Chop the potatoes and carrots and boil them for about half hour or until tender.
2. Blend all ingredients together or combine or a large bowl.
Daiya Cheese Sauce
If you want to use a fake cheese alternative to make melted cheese sauce, I love the Daiya cheese brand,
- 1 cup cooked white cannellini beans
- 1/2 cup soymilk
- 1/3 cup Daiya vegan cheese shreds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Earth Balance or olive oil
- 1 teaspooon turmeric (to give it color)
1. Mash or blend the beans with the soymilk, Earth Balance, turmeric and salt and pepper.
2. Heat on low over medium heat. Add the cheese and cook, stirring, until the cheese is melted.
Let me know if you try any of these sauces out.