If you are feeling sick or out of touch with your body, cleansing your body can be a good way to get rid of bad toxins and feel better again.
- Dry skin brush before you take a bath or shower. I also like dry brushing my face, but use a brush made especially for your face so it has softer bristles.
- Take a warm salt water bath or steam in the shower.
- Deep breathing can help calm you down. Do yoga. Try just doing 20 minutes of yoga a day or picking up a yoga DVD or video series.
- Drink water. Try adding a couple extra glasses a day.
- Try eating healthier. Go on a cleanse or add a couple healthy foods in to your diet. Check out these 30 cleansing foods that naturally cleanse your body.
- Use a neti pot to naturally cleanse your sinuses.
- Try the hydro therapeutic technique of taking a shower with hot water and then switching to cold. Afyerwards, get under covers.
- Go for a run or walk. Try exercising at least 20 minutes a day or move your body in some way.
- Get a massage or do a self massage with your favorite oils.
- Try drinking hot tea with herbs in it or taking an herbal soak bath.
What do you do to cleanse yourself? Let me know in the comments.
Want to work wherever you want? I love working remotely because it allows you to travel or work from home. You don’t need to be tied down to one place to work and can work in locations other than an office.
What Work Do You Want to Do?
Some work you can do remotely or anywhere in the world is:
- Work at home and remote jobs
- Being a virtual assistant
- Blogging or working as a writer
- Selling digital products like eBooks or courses
- Selling prints where you can get the prints directly to a customer
- Selling any product on a site like Etsy or eBay using drop shipping (the company ships the item for you
- Using affiliate programs or being a remote brand ambassador
Here are some tips for traveling while working:
- Use AirBnb for vacation rentals. AirBnb is often affordable and you can stay in people’s homes. You can choose to get a room or a whole place to yourself. If you use my link, you can get $35 off your first night.
- Prefer a hotel? Use HotelTonight to find the best deals and rates for hotel stays.
- Bring a laptop (or tablet or smartphone). Use whatever technology helps you work best. A laptop is a great way to use a computer and keyboard without a desktop. I used a laptop all the time in college and I love the MacBook the best. A smartphone or tablet is great if you need a camera or just to check your email or phone. Keep an external battery and portable charger if you are going to be needing extended use for technology.
- Keep a good calendar or planner to schedule events and get work done A to do list is helpful. Often times, you just need one or two hours to work and you spend the rest of the day traveling or exploring
- Do you need to make art? There are still ways to create. Find an Airbnb with a studio. A sketchbook is a great portable way to create art. I also recommend keeping all your art supplies in a small art bin or bag.
How do you like to work remotely while you travel? Let me know in the comments.
Vellabox is an artisan candle subscription box. They sent me a subscription box to review. We are also hosting a giveaway (scroll to the bottom to see how you can win a free monthly box).
I love the cute little yellow box Vellabox came in. Candles are delivered monthly from the finest American candle makers.
The theme for this box was Fourth of July for the July theme. I love the patriotic theme and you can still use all the items even though it was a little after Fourth of July when I received the box. The candle was wrapped in this cute blue star bag.
The candle that came in this box was from the company Pontie Wax from Brooklyn, NY. You can see their instagram @pontiewax
The fragrance for the candle was fig mixed with oil from olive. It isn’t made with vegetable soy wax and natural oils that are highly fragrant. I loved the natural scent of this candle. They also had information about a bergamot and amber scented candle that was listed on their notecard and I think came in other boxes (you get a random candle). I think it is great you get a full size candle and they make sure the company makes quality candles that are hand poured in small batches. I only wish the box was filled with more candles!
I love lighting candles to relax and set the the mood so I thought this subscription box was a great idea. I used to collect candles, but haven’t bought candles lately so this box made me want to start collecting candles again and get different scents.
They also included a SPF15 Original Lip Balm from All Good from Morro Bay, CA. The lip balm is all natural and cruelty free inspired by wilderness. It is reef friendly and gluten free. The lip balm made my lips really soft and it is great to carry around or stick in your purse. Follow their social media @allgoodbrand.
Vellabox and My Thread of Thought are doing a giveaway of a 3 month Lucerna subscription! The Lucerna subscription contains a 4oz hand-poured artisan candle monthly plus one surprise gift.
All you have to do is subscribe to My Thread of Thought on Feedly (you can also search for “mythreadofthought.com” directly on Feedly), share this post and leave a comment with your email address.
The giveaway ends August 15. The winner will be chosen randomly from all the entries. I will leave a post and email the luck winner. Good luck!