I posted some last minute Halloween costumes in my shop. These could work well to wear on Halloween or to add to make a full costume.
Why not be a pumpkin? Just adding a fun tote bag or wearing leggings can make any outfit in to Halloween themed one. You can also add full makeup to make it in to a jack o lantern or pumpkin costume.
A ghost is an easy costume to do with this outfit. I have a ghost printed dress and skirt in my shop. No need to use a white sheet over your head with this cute dress.
This dress has images of spiders on top of an orange spiderweb. Add makeup to make this outfit in to a full costume. You can draw spiderwebs on your face or body using eyeliner.
What are you going to be for Halloween?
I am now offering fashion in my shop! This collection has images of maps on clothing pieces and accessories. You can get a map of the world or any custom location you want.
This collection was inspired by old maps and a love of travel. I took images of maps and made them black and white because I liked the unique look of the maps in black and white. I think I will add some different color maps and more map items in the future though.
You can also add this matching necklace for free with any purchase of a map themed item if you use the code MAPGIFT.
Would you wear a map dress?
Do you shop for Halloween? These are some Halloween photo prints I listed:
These minimalist cards are perfect for wishing someone a happy Halloween. You can find them in my Etsy shop. I also have these photo prints:
This Cobwebs photo was taken when we had Halloween decorations up.
This photo was taken of light coming in from the window. I think the dark moody feeling of this photo is perfect for Halloween.
Find everything in my Etsy shop.
I listed a bunch of new photo prints in my Etsy shop. I have a variety of items in my shop, but I am focusing on prints for now.
Some of the photos are new. A bunch of the photos are old photos that have been edited. I played around with different techniques for editing and some photo prints have different variations.
This is a series of photos called “Leaves” where I played around with color. I had the original photo of leaves and changed the color to make it more abstract.
I offer photo prints in many sizes and you can choose to buy luster, matte or glossy. I also offer the photos on greeting cards and custom items.
Want to design the perfect blog? The design of your blog is important because it draws viewers in. Here are a couple of my favorite blog design tips:
- Think of a theme for your layout. Do you want it to have a artsy and colorful look to match your brand (good to use for Etsy owners or artists)? Do you want it to look more simple and minimalist (great if you want more focus on the content)? Think of a few words to describe the look you are going for and even make a mood board or inspiration board. Choose a few layouts you really like from other blogs and make a note about what you like about each of them.
- Make sure you use a font and font size that is easy to read in your blog entries. Good fonts to use are Tahoma and Verdana. On graphics, you can use more unique fonts. Stick to a few basic fonts to use throughout your blog layout.
- Choose a couple main colors for your layout. I like checking out Design Seeds for color palettes which will give you ideas of color combinations to use. Do not use bright colors against white that are hard to read.
- What rules will you have for your blog? Will you blog 3x a week? Do you have different collaborators? Consider these rules when creating a layout because you want the design to work with your blog. If you have different writers, you might have a plugin that shows who the author is for each entry.
- Have personalized graphics in your blog posts with the title of your post that fit the style of your blog. These are perfect for sharing on social media. Canva is a good tool to use to create blog or social media graphics that are the right size.
- A sidebar is important to have in your blog and you should consider its features when designing a layout. How will you draw viewers in? Have an avatar or image yourself to personalize your blog. I also like to include a “read more” link or clickable image that takes viewers to my about page. Include social media icons if you use social media pages. Also, include other links on your blog such as a link to your website or Etsy shop, but try not to overfill your sidebar with widgets. I like to have a newsletter or subscribe opt in also so readers can stay connected.
- Have share or Pinterest button or click to tweets
- Check how your layout looks on different browsers. I like using Browserling. Also, check on your phone or tablet to make sure your blog is responsive.
- Fill in a style guide to keep track of your info. Write down the basic fonts, colors and rules you’ll use.
Download my eBook, Your Thread of Thought. You will learn how to find a platform to blog, what to blog about, how to create a layout, how to promote your blog and more! You will also get s free workbook with worksheets to help you blog.
I love looking at photos of autumn. These photos remind me of the feeling, scents and imagery of autumn.
What makes you think of autumn?
My new collection in Move the Needke is all about birthday balloons. I was inspired by an image I saw of watercolor like balloons and decided to make my own pattern of balloons in various color.
This birthday card is perfect to wish someone a happy birthday.
You can also get custom invitations on this pattern.
How do you celebrate your birthday?